Friday, April 20, 2007

When Life hands you Lemons....

Make like Peter Glickman and bleed the Sucka's dry...
I thought that doing a detox would be easy, you know skimp a bit on the Green and Blacks a few days, tighten my Spanx, do a few more classes at PoleCats But no, it is a far far, bigger commitment than that my friends. Oh yes.

My friend Bathsheba and I decided we'd do the Cleanse together, and I have to say her suggestion that we just get some Clen and go the whole Hollywood route to 00 was tempting, but then rumour has it you turn into a horse or something on that shit so forget it!

The Cleanse is so much more Yogic, (although it took a while to stop shaking and hallucinating) and I can really see the difference. My cheeks look really sunken and... (Thats enough already with the pro-Ana stuff, Ed)

Anyway, I'm glad its done and I feel ready to start practice again. I think my legs are thin enough to wrap behind my head twice now! I should just watch I don't break bones doing Garba Pindasana...


I have another Yo-tux class scheduled in later this week so I'm preparing for that. This week Im going to teach them Nasal Labial Line breathing. (NB: If anyone shops during my lesson this time then I will give them lines. Not the white sort either).

I'm busy booking my ticket to Mysore and trying to work out where to stay and what clothes to wear while I'm there. I'm busy rocking the Eighties band A Flock of Seagulls look right now, but how will that translate to Gokulum? It's about time I went. After all, I'm thin, I'm bendy, and I'm out of work, which leaves me with plenty time for idle gossip/ meaningful discussion of yoga on my hands.

I guess it's just a matter of time before I'm Authorised!

7 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

I don't get it. Is this supposed to in some way skewer what people who practice Ashtanga do and say? Clenbuterol? Yo-tux? Polecats? Po Ana? It would be funny if it were more connected to anything even remotely real. Comedy requires a certain subtlety and a certain truthiness. This lacks both.

Sorry, but you seemed to have so much promise when you started out. Maybe there just isn't enough material.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise there was a 'critique' section! Allow me to join in. In Mythologies I argue that by plugging into mankind’s innate need for certain
stories the mass media is able to give its own messages extra validity. Bad Lady is merely a composite, a reflection of certain aspects of a group or subsect. She plays with and comments on the inherent contradictions present in the inner (and outer) worlds of the modern practitioner of yoga and...

In my work I assume the role of: the intellectual, humourist, satirist, master stylist and debunker of the myths that surround us all in our daily lives.

How about you?

Anonymous said...

Bollocks Barthes! Bad Lady has none of the subtley and wit that you ascribe her Roland! I must violently disagree! You shag-nasty Frrenchy little fuck-face!

Anonymous said...

The Cheeky Girls Rock!
Is bad lady related? Touch my bum!

Anonymous said...

Namaste, Bitch!

Check us out, much funnier (and coming to HBO sometime soon!)

Mantra, Crystal, Johnny Lotus znd
Gatsby the Guru

Anonymous said...

Funny, not funny... don't forget the interconnectedness of all things YC. Bad Lady is you, Bad Lady is me
to all bad ladies. ommmm

Anonymous said...

"YC" said...
I don't get it.


strong praise