Sunday, April 1, 2007

Stood Up?

I tried to practise in the morning today because Flatsie was coming in the afternoon.

Two cups of organic fair trade shade grown whole grain coffee gave me the energy to step onto my orange YogiToes mat. Orange is the new purple, by the way. Don't tell anyone I told you. I was actually researching that when I was canned. They did give me a nice severance though.

Anyway. I tried to practice in the AM. I got through some sun salutations and then checked my e-mail. I had to return a few, as they were urgent (viz, regarding lunch next week). Afterwards I did the standing poses up to the one with the palms in reverse Namaste. I put on some Pink. But then I didn't know what I felt like doing. Primary? Second? Advanced A? It's hard to make decisions when--..... Anyway. I wasn't sure, and I'm tired of my usual flow. But then I thought, well BL this is about discipline and you better damn well start stepping up to the plate -- especially if you're going to sub that class on Saturday night (Yes! I'm teaching my first yoga class next week!). So I did my usual flow and rewarded myself with a little online Prana shopping trip. Then BF and I got into his cool new silver Audi hybrid and went to the airport to get Flatsie.

The plane came, but Flatsie wasn't on it. It was Aeroflot, maybe that's why. Well, I think it was her plane. We waited 20 minutes -- can you believe people still wear babushkas? -- and then BF said, forget it, let's go, maybe she took another flight and besides I'm hungry. So we went to Posh-Nosh and filled up on overpriced tapas and organic bloody marys. If you haven't been there yet, you really must try it. The raw chai crepes are exquisite. NOTE: If you aren't a Person to be Reckoned With (like us), then you should go at the off times or prepare to wait in line.

So here it is two hours later and I haven't heard from Flatsie. And I was so excited to see her. And I practised early and everything in order to get her. I have to say, I feel a little inconvenienced -- especially because now I have to sit around and wait to hear from her. I mean, how selfish. This "real yoga" BS is highly overated, if you ask me.

3 comments:

Lees Lamar said...

OK, so I love the farce BUT.
People don't practice on a yogitoes mat.
It's a towel that you put on top of your mat when your mat gets slippery with sweat.

Sorry you got the can off ashtangi.net.
They think you are a shit stirrer. I think you
are funny....

Bad Lady said...

mat, schmat, towel. who cares?

I know that my feet were on it when I practiced and that yogitoes should so give me props (and cash) for promoting their product

word
BL

Boodiba said...

I just found this blog!! There needs to be an alternative Astanga blog collective.