Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blah day

Today I felt like I wanted to kill my boyfriend, N. Who, by the way, is also fabulously rich and well-connected so go figure. I said to him, as I pretended to set the alarm for 5am, "do you mind that I practice yoga so early and we dont' get to cuddle in bed?" to which he replied, after he roused from the temezepan-induced slumber " No, not really" Bastard.

So I got up and practiced, but to be honest, my heart wasn't in it. I kept thinking of all those other people whose blogs look so much better than mine, and are way more interesting. The links, the pictures, the yoga CV's and all that. My driste wandered. Many times. I noticed that my right hip is way tighter than my left, and that my wrists are really killing me. I know that 'opening's are the way to go, and that Guruji says "no pain in the asana, no gain" but really, I can barely lift that soya latte to my lips...

Which leads me to the most pressing point of the day. There's a 'yoga 'n' botox' party happening later this week. P, my friend who works at xxxx company, swears that after a session of kundalini yoga (whatever that is) and then the procedure, she feels great. I have noticed this kind of prominent frown line between my brows.. and my lips are a bit thin... must be all that ujjayi breath...

I never thought I would plump for new lips via the cosmetic procedure way, let alone combine yoga with anti-aging treatments, but really its all the same energy, isnt it? A healthy body and then a healthy mind? Or is the other way round?

What would guruji say?

No comments: